Extracts the silhouette of the input geometry as seen from an origin object (like a camera) or user-defined origin position.
The silhouette is projected in perspective (Unlike SideFX Labs 'Extract Silhouette' HDA) onto the plane that passes through the center of the geometry bounding box.
In default mode, the silhouette always faces the origin object. The construction plane guide helps you visualize that. The plane center and normal are written out as detail attributes.
- Uses VEX line-plane algebraic method (Unlike SideFX Labs 'Extract Silhouette' HDA)
- Orthographic mode
- Origin from oppath or from world position vector parameter
- Optional user-defined plane normal direction
- World and Local space available for transformations
- Output open or closed curve with 'curveu'
- Output curve frame (normal, tangent, and bitangent)
Tip: Use 'bitangent' to offset silhouette curve inward or outward. Use smooth SOP on it if there are tight corners in the silhouette.
Have fun with it and rate it!
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.