Attribute blending similar to Photoshop layer blending modes.
Valid input attributes: point/prim float and vector (3flt, which includes color).
It helps keep node graphs cleaner and it's fun to use. (Disclaimer: 'fun' is subjective:) Reduces the need for common, repetitive tasks, like binding and exporting attributes in attribute VOPs or typing in wrangles for things like lerp or any of the operations below:
- Copy (v3)
- Linear Interpolation
- Pin Light
A demo of v2 which lacks a few options and features but works in much the same way otherwise:
New to v3.0:
- Completely re-written
- Advanced VEX (scroll to bottom for more info)
- 'Copy' operation - just overwrite all previous operations with this attrib (useful for then/now comparisons while dialing in your final numbers)
- Python 2 & 3 compatible
- Vector (3flt) support (that includes color)
- Creates the (input) attribute if it doesn't exist (and indicates that to you)
- Not compatible with v1 and v2 (but both are included inside)
If you want to study it on your own, you've got:
- Declaring and using a struct in VEX via outer code or include directive
- Looping over a multi-parm in VEX
- Generating menu items using Python Menu Scripts with conditional formatting
- Dynamic "Hide When" through custom functions in the HDA PythonModule (advanced)
- Using the HDA "Descriptive Parm" with a Python script for dynamic hints
(If you take that road above, remember to "Show Invisible Parameters" first.)
I'm totally eager to hear your feedback! Cheers!
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Alright, now back to Houdini.
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.